With the new year firmly in, so are our business plans – along with all the targets, aims and challenges that come with them! One of the frustrations we all face – hiring companies and recruiters alike – is getting the top talent for our teams. So what are the challenges and how do we overcome them to position ourselves for success?
First things first – and it is a cliché because it works – analysis always helps! To help you understand how your organisation can attract top talent fast, here are the questions you need to ask yourself:
- What does your recruitment process look like? Is it speedy, sleek, professional? Or does it lack all these components?
- Does it reflect the values and aspirations of the organisation and are all these attractive to the talent group you are aiming for?
- Have you engaged the right tools and professionals on your organisation’s behalf?
- Are you involved in the process at the right level? Are you passing on important information to your recruitment partner and listening to their feedback?
Remember, every day without the talent you need puts additional pressure on the existing team and takes you away from your job in delivering on your plan.
So what is the way forward?
Whilst great progress has been made in utilising technological advances and engaging AI tools, recruitment is still a people business!
No machine will ever replace intelligent conversations with a great recruiter who understands the nuances of your team and organisation. Especially if your roles are highly technical or specialist.
Methodology is another component that plays a part in the success of the recruitment process. From sourcing the candidates through to interviews and timely feedback, ensure your process is sleek. And speedy.
All too often we see that unnecessarily convoluted interview processes cause a candidate to lose their buy-in and enthusiasm – and more often than not, they end up in the team of your competitor.
In recent months, I have attended two different events where one message resonated: “love your candidates.” At first, I thought “how cheesy.”
But upon reflection, and with the unemployment rate stood at a 42-year low, this will be the single most important differentiator and tool to our success!
So let’s step into 2018 on the right foot by:
- Understanding what talent we actually need
- Ensuring that our recruitment process and methodology is attractive to the top talent and reflects our organisation’s values
- Communicating – making sure we pass all the important information to the right stakeholders in a speedy and professional manner
- Loving our candidates, at SRG candidates are at the centre of all that we do
- Engaging the right recruitment partner to help us all achieve our plans.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team of specialist recruiters will be happy to advise you.
Wishing you a successful 2018!
For more fascinating insights into the ever-changing world of the life sciences sector, stay tuned to all SRG Blogs.