We’re delighted to announce that Comensura has progressed to Level 2, ‘Disability Confident Employer’ status, of the Government’s Disability Confident scheme.
The Disability Confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to the workplace. Disability confident employers are recognised for proactively increasing understanding of, and challenging attitudes towards, disability.
The scheme recognises organisations that work towards removing barriers to disabled people and those with long-term health conditions whilst ensuring that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
Comensura, having already been Disability Confident Committed (Level 1), has progressed to become a Disability Confident Employer (Level 2).
As a Disability Confident Employer we have committed to:
- ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- implementing a guaranteed interview scheme
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- other activities that make a difference for disabled people.
Comensura’s Head of Service Toby Kendall commented on the accreditation.
‘I am immensely proud that we’ve progressed to Disability Confident Employer status. As a Disability Confident Employer, we play a leading role in changing attitudes for the better. Not only do we benefit from a larger pool of untapped talent, but we can also start to change behaviour, cultures and perceptions in our own businesses, networks and communities. This achievement strengthens our Disability Confident commitment further, and I look forward to announcing that Comensura has become a Disability Confident Leader (Level 3) in the not too distant future.’